Be introspective and ask questions about your training:
- Is what you've been taught complicated and flashy?
- Do you have difficulty doing it in a safe training environment?
- Does is cover the most probable scenarios?
- What about starting behind the curve, from the stab or slash already making contact with your body?
- Does it address observing and acting upon seeing someone draw the weapon from concealment?
- Does the training address all of your options and take into consideration your personal attributes?
- Does the training address the different timelines of the attack? An enraged person getting out of his car, pulling a knife out and stomping towards you with intent from a distance can differ from someone ambushing you with repeated stabs with your back turned away from them.
We are going to go through and provide as many options as we can for what we consider to be the most probable situations and attacks in a near-future training.
This is your session. Let us know what your concerns are, what you want to see in the training. Comment on this page and our Facebook page.